Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Stalling in the Big Easy

It is not without an 'I told you so' and eye-roll to myself that I must admit that I more than hampered my previous efforts by indulging in New Orleans' local fare.  Food (and drink) won big on this one, and I don't even feel like I got to sample all that I truly desired. 
So, I am back at home and the hubby is out of town until Friday.  While 2 out of 3 of us remaining here have viruses, I am committed to trying my best to keep myself in 'check'.
And so I tell myself I am back on track, but I know better since I let the 9yo pick dinner last night and we wound up at Taco Bell.  Just as it takes longer to create a good habit than it does to undo it, so I know my journey towards healthy eating has suffered due to this setback and I still have quite a hill to climb.
I had quite the lunch, cleaning out the refrigerator and into my stomach (although I had just worked up quite an appetite at the YMCA), so a slim dinner is on the horizon.


No comments:

Post a Comment