Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Don't sink; swim!

This week's post comes to you a week plus one day late since I was traveling and, although I could have written on the road; I honestly was just way too busy catching up with my dear friend!.
I've had a lot of thoughts lately about the "deep end".  We all know the phrase about 'going off the deep end' -   typically in reference to someone who has "lost it" or gone, well, a little crazy.  But I heard  the phrase "deep end" referred to recently as that place or space that we all are a little (or a lot) afraid to go.  It's deep.  It's over our head.  What if we can't stay afloat?  The shallow end is so much nicer...easy, calm, manageable, warm.  Heck, some shallow ends are SO shallow, you can honestly just sit in them and still have no worries about the water rising over your head.  But in using this metaphor for life, it becomes clear that the shallow end is really our comfort zone and, yes, that is a nice place to be, but nothing exciting really ever happens there does it?  At least nothing big.  It's in the deep end that we learn to become stronger and tougher.  We learn to breathe deeper.  We even learn how to become more buoyant.  In case you're wondering if this little philosophical meandering is actually going anywhere, let me assure you that it isn't.  Just an interesting thought. And a good time to resolve to play in the deep end more.

And, while I'm testing out the deep waters, I want to take a moment to talk about why I do what I do; why I have chosen to begin a home-based business.
There are many who look disdainfully upon sales and 'salespeople' and so on.  I often do it, too!  And I guess there are a lot of salespeople out there who have given the industry a bit of a blemish, with pushy techniques and only commission checks in mind.   I have sales in my blood, although I lack a lot of the grit that usually accompanies it and so that is where I seek to grow myself as a businesswoman.
While those who are in sales do usually get paid based upon how much they are able to sell, the difference in choosing the company I represent is that no one need ever worry that I am going to recommend a product that I do not honestly feel is one of the best, if not the best, choice for you.
And I don't recommend products to people I care about to make money off of them; I do it because I care about them and about their families.

Anyway, with this product line and the detox I've been doing....let me tell you, I have faced some challenges. Staying on-task was note always easy, and I found it too easy to make excuses for myself.  But I am happy to report that I am down 5 pounds!  Can you imagine if I would have actually held myself more accountable?? :)

1 comment: